nRelate Posts and Homepage

Friday 17 May 2013

IN TODAY'S MODERN WORLD CAN ANYONE LISTEN TO 'PURPLE RAIN' BY PRINCE (AND NOT THINK OF SOME BS TALENT CONTEST CONTESTANT)?

Sup, niggas?
(This question is rhetorical.)
Been listening to a lot of Prince atm.

(I'm not really sure if he's currently going by the name 'Prince' or 'The Artist Formally Known As Prince' or 'TAFKAP' or ':-) Symbol Thing.' Prince, if you're reading, please explain your situation, tnx.)


When the hit single Purple Rain plays - I don't even think of it as a Prince MP3 anymore. Years and years of dodgy talent show contestants have 'totally effing ruined' the song for me >:-( angryface.

When I think about some Purple Rain, I think of the following: 



  • Warbling. (Maybe with the eyes closed and with the wobbly hand.)
  • Stoopid edgy remix. Probs with some beat boxing. Ugh.
  • Stoopid carbon copy.
  • Dated stage show. (Dry ice / child choir with candles / miscellaneous coloured choir / unemployed drama postgrad dancers / jazz hands / projector screen playing B&W love situation / gay man on motorcycle / those rope tumbler-niggas pouring down from the ceiling / plastic flowers / exciting lasers.) 
  • Emotional sob story.


That's what I think when I think Purple Rain ^^^ but what do YOU effing think when YOU think Purple Rain?

Slowly starting to really resent these plucky chancers playing sillybuggers with classic songs.
I think that it might be time to metaphorically draw the line.
I think that we might have to kill again, my nigs.
Unfortunately, it might be time to 'murder' someone :-( sadface.

iam___ might 'draft up' a list of artists / classic songs, which these unself-aware talent show animals can no longer dick around with.

Off the top of my head:
Jeff Buckley.
Queens.
Stephen Wonder.
Wham!

(That's just for starters. Let me know if I've missed anyone.)

Might investigate talent show contestant sob stories tmw.




xxxo (3 kisses & 1 hug.)



No comments:

Post a Comment