nRelate Posts and Homepage

Sunday 5 May 2013

BOOK WEEK - DAY 5

Sup, niggas?
(This question is rhetorical - but please feel free to discuss your feelings / general mental health situation 'in the comments'. Just want us all to get to know one another, social network, and promote World Peace 1 post at a time.)

Really not doing too well with BOOK WEEK :-( sadface. 

From what I understand, it is important to look at the words but is is equally - if not moreso - important to be SEEN to be looking at the words. 
Maybe this is where I'm going wrong, my nigs? Do I need to advertise my situation / let strangers know what books I'm 'into' by becoming a prominent member of my local book reading scene? Will this increase my page per minute situation? 

If I had to guess, I'd say that these places are the most legit to be seen reading:


  • Library.
  • Chain coffee shop.
  • Miscellaneous crappy independent coffee shop / vegetarian restaurant.
  • Bus shelter? 
  • Special school for special children. (Obvs, not full on retardation - just 'something a little queer'.)
  • Park.
  • £10 haircut place waiting room.


"I am feeling pretty _____ about our local book reading scene atm. I sort of feel like everyone's trying too hard / illegitimate / too mainstream / too underground. I really miss the 'good old days' when books were books. Now it's all 'fucking bullshit'. I might move out of halls and into a student house at the start of the next academic year." - A major player on the local book scene

Anyways - hypothetically, do you think that my lack of progress with the book is down to the fact that I illegally downloaded the book and so it has no value to me? 
(^^^ This situation is purely hypothetical. I very strongly disagree with piracy as - from what I understand - it funds terrorism. I support our troops.)



Probs not going to get much reading done tonight either as I'm busy. 
(Just don't want to lie to you.)
Wish me luck, niggas! B-) shades-cool.

xxo (2 kisses & 1 hug.)


1 comment: