nRelate Posts and Homepage

Wednesday 15 May 2013

RETRO SITUATIONS - THE SETTLERS II (2)

'Fuck.'

I've been playing through the major empire building simulation game situation, Settlers II (2)
On 1 hand it's mad addictive :-) happyface.
On 1 hand it's 'utter ballache' :-( sadface.
On 1 hand  it's a buggy piece of crap. (More on that in a bit.)




HOW I REMEMBERED IT:

A challenging and perfect strategy game. I spend effing hours and hours playing this when I was a kid.


  • Controlling a bunch of settler-niggas.
  • Building a fruity little town / huge medieval city.
  • Meeting the neighbors.
  • 'Murder.'  



HOW IT ACTUALLY WAS:

A playful little strategy game, ham-stringed by 'fucking bullshit' bugs and AI malfunctions. For example:


  • In order to build your huge medieval city you need to be able to transport goods across the map. All well and good until your settler-niggas think 'eff it' and don't transport goods anymore.
  • Retarded AI opponents. (Not attacking / not defending / building farms in mountains / not occupying their buildings / general 'very queer' behavior.)



CONCLUSION:

A fancypants 10th Anniversary Edition came out mid-2000. From what I understand, it has sooo many more graphics but it's also less of a buggy piece of crap. 
Might give it a go. (But I couldn't bear to be hurt again, my nigs.)

I never did play the missions - either back in the day or this time around. I like to set up the Free Play option and then just play.

Like to live by my own rules and not live to achieve 'missions' and 'targets' set by The Man, or 'fucking asshole' middle management, or stoopid computers.

"I am going to do it my way, niggas." Papa F. Sinatra 

Gtg. Much love xx (2 kisses.)


1 comment: