nRelate Posts and Homepage

Thursday 4 April 2013

04/04/2013 - UNDERSTANDING SPORT

Hello, niggas. Today I'm really trying to get my head around competitive sports.

#confused.


As a Caucasian heterosexual male (part of the key 25 - 35 demographic) I genuinely feel like I've outgrown the need for competitive games - unless of course it's an online gaming experience - where I can call complete strangers 'something hurtful' for cheating.

I might also have the need to report them to Microsoft / Infinity Ward for hacking / glitching offences. (Real or imagined.)

I just don't see the need to test or challenge myself against another human. It's far simpler and rewarding for us both to just presume superiority over one another, and then go our separate ways. Life's too short, niggas.

"Let's file this under agree to disagree." - A Short Haiku Promoting World Peace © 2013

Which makes me highly concerned about adult humans (25+) who give an eff about competitive sports. 
I'm sure we can all agree that the same adult human (25+) who is 'in to' competitive games of sport is also 'in to':

  • Short term / high interest loans.
  • Simple carbohydrate diets.
  • Saturday evening TV.
  • The NME 'magazine'.
  • The NME Best 100 Albums Evar List.
  • Buying 10 - 15 of these albums from ASDA or WH Smiths or iTunes, instead of illegally downloading them.

Sort of feel as though we have nothing to talk about / nothing in common with these people.

(It's sort of like when I see someone wearing Croc shoes; I know that we can never be true nigs - taking our relationship to the next level - and becoming friends. We will forever be acquaintances. I might even relegate them to my 'Aquantence List' on Facebook.)



From what I understand, for a sports fan, your team winning the prize is better than 'cumming'. I can't really imagine / get my head around / relate to this. Not at all. 
Like, I can't see myself ever getting that excited about anything. 


I'm just trying to become a better, more tollerent, more rounded 'me'.
I'm just starting to feel that trying to save these sports fans might be a worthy cause, hmmm?
I'm just starting to think I might do some charity work or maybe start my own non-profit situation to 'help out'?

Might volunteer / do work exp with a bailiff company but when we go to repossess 'goods in lieu of payment' I'll give the client 'the heads up' so that they can hide their 32" Technika HD Ready TV from The Man.

If I do this, I'll call the charity The iam___ Fountation for Levelling the Playing Field

I'm just trying to do my bit, niggas.
Thinking (typing) out loud. 
Just riffing. 

Today has been brought to you by SPORTS.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment